Saturday 2 May 2015

Random Review By Kazane Kagari

Game Review/Introduction

In case you viewers are wondering, this blog is dedicated to anime, manga, Japanese culture and all that have to do with otaku-ism. LAsuka is covering anime reviews while I will be doing manga, games and also some anime reviews occasionally if the situation arise....my urge to write.
 
The topic for today is........
An extremely nostalgic game for me

 

I decided to introduce LAsuka to this game, Recettear.

 
An anime-ish indie game title in 2007 with unique shop operating mechanics combine with good old school dungeon crawling adventures and adequate voice actings. What else can I say, its good, very good considering the budget and the developers behind it are a couple of nobodies at that time. Well done EasyGameStation, u made a good impressionable game that I still remember till now.
 
The only bad thing about this game is that it make me feel old...... (._.)
 
Recette Lemongrass is an innocent girl whose dad took a loan before disappearing and she unsurprisingly has to pay it back. With the help Tear, a fairy companion to assist her to deal with the debt, Recettear the general shop is opened for business.
 
Can you meet the deadline each week or will Recette be evicted from her house and have her organs sold off ?
By the way, I completed the whole month without using the guide and its a thrill as well as nerve wrecking experience to meet each week debt collection deadline. The last payment was close. F-ing close but I manage to complete the game without dying once.
The dungeon section of the game isn't first class fantastic but unbelievably good for a indie game. I totally recommend someone to try it at least once. The bosses are cute.
Top-down sprite-based combat 
 


 
I also completed Crystal Nightmare and scooped up all the possible spawn loot except the legendary Invincible Armour (The last and strongest armour).
 

Any anime/game recommendations, comments are welcome in the comment section below.

Your Sincerely,

Kazane Kagari

No comments:

Post a Comment