Thursday 28 May 2015

Randomness of Kazane

Finally, my first year in university have concluded yesterday with the last of the dreaded exams and terrible scores.....

Anyway, its time for a post just cuz I feel like it.
 
An anime post a day keeps the reality at bay >_<
 
And now today topic is .........
 
ODEX
 
A couple of weeks ago LAsuka was telling me about the famed ODEX saga that happened in the past in small island country Singapore. At first, I was shocked and bewildered by the whole incident as I have no memory of such an event. Slowly by surely, small bits and pieces of my memory are coming back to me like crawling out of the woodwork.
 
The most important piece of memory I recalled was that my best friend who terrified by ODEX heavy handed tactics in dealing with piracy actually went to buy one of their product. The complete dvd set of the series: Argento Soma.
 
What he shown me was truly spectacular and amazing. The video ain't half bad except its totally bad. You name it, you got it. Bad subs, lags, screen tearing, sound desynchronization and random pixilation. Truly an abomination. The act of burning the dvds is insulting towards the incinerator who has to accept this loathsome piece of filth and the idea of drawing doodles on it is like encasing it in gold. No anime of this quality should be sold to the public, it should be illegal. No, it must be made illegal.

So all in all, they are suing anyone who DL anime in Singapore and asking for out of court settlement fees from them. Truly an outrage considering the quality of their videos. Since then, they have been lying low and staying out of sight for years without going into bankruptcy. Truly a miracle.

That enough ranting from me for now, until next time folks.
 
Yours Sincerely
Kazane Kagari

No comments:

Post a Comment